Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, April 29, 2022

Starting, Signing, Stories, Sunderland, Saltburn & Scarborough - my writing week


A great deal has happened this week, more than usual (and I know I always have busy weeks) so let's crack on with what's been going on in my writing week this week.

Firstly, I began to write my new cosy crime, set in Scarborough. This will be the third cosy crime in the series. I began with two of the most scary words a writer can write... 

I visited the gorgeous North Yorkshire seaside town of Saltburn-by-the-sea where I called into the Book Corner bookshop and signed copes of my debut cosy crime Murder at the Seaview Hotel.  


And I also signed copies of my novels - cosy crime and sagas - in Sunderland Waterstones. They even have a table for my novels in the shop, which makes my heart burst with love and pride.



It's official, the leaflets are out and my name's on them all!  I've been invited to give the opening speech at this year's Sunderland History Fair.  It really is a huge honour. I'm terrified of course! All welcome, please come and say hello.


News of the History Fair was published in a full page feature in The Sunderland Echo.



I bought a copy of the new book Noteworthy Sunderland People by Trevor Thorne...


... where I'm featured right at the end (it's in alphabetical order of surname, I'm always on the end of lists, me!)


I had a short story published in Best Magazine. It was a lovely story about a woman needing to spend time on her own, called Left to her Own Devices.



And I was included in this wonderful tweet from Waterstones Scarborough who said my cosy crime set in the seaside town continues to be one of their bestsellers. Music to my ears!


I received royalties which are still trickling in for my Coronation Street fan book, A Perfect Duet. I donated this to Pancreatic Cancer UK.


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!
__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...