Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, February 18, 2022

Nominations, submissions and a return to my past - my writing week

This week I pressed SEND on my new 1919 saga set in the northeast village of Ryhope. It's another lovely book that made me cry at the end every single time I read it (and when you're editing, you have to read your work a lot!).  It's packed with emotion and not one, but two heroines, and that's all I can say for now.  I'm now taking the rest of this month, and March "off" to allow the creative well in my mind to refill. 

I gave a talk this week to Creative and Professional Writing students at the University of Sunderland. As part of their course they have publishers and agents coming into to speak to them and authors too. I was honoured to be asked and it was an absolute delight to speak to the students.



I'm over the moon to say I've been nominated three times in the prestigious Crime Fest awards for Murder at the Seaview Hotel in the categories of THE LAST LAUGH for best 2021 humorous crime novel, AUDIBLE SOUNDS OF CRIME AWARD for best 2021 unabridged crime audiobook &  eDUNNIT AWARD for best 2021 crime ebook! All of the nominations are here. Keep your fingers crossed for me.


I've a fun short story in Best magazine in the shops today. It's about a cat who has two owners. However, the owners think the cat is being exclusive to them. 


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!

__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...