Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, February 04, 2022

Competitions, special offers and a big bunch of roses - my writing week


This week I've been working on editing my eighth saga set in the northeast mining village of Ryhope in 1919. It's a hard slog editing your own work, especially when you know that after you submit it to the publisher, it'll come back within weeks or a couple of months and there'll be more a lot more work to be done. But all of the work is necessary to make the book as strong as it can be and it's all part of the process. 

My February newsletter went out this week and it includes a competition to win a signed book and chocolates as well as a 99c offer! All details here.


My cosy crime set in Scarborough starring 12 Elvis impersonators (Twelvis!) is now available in LARGE PRINT from Ulverscroft Ltd, buy it here.


Also, during February the cosy crime is only 99c for US Kindle readers. Order it here.


Elsewhere this week, I framed a feature about my cosy crime which appeared in The Scarborough News (middle on this pic below). I keep all of my press cuttings in a file and frame full-page features like these to hang on my wall. I'm really chuffed. I've waited all of my life for this and I'm enjoying every moment.

WHSmiths Newcastle this week. I never, ever, ever, ever(*) want to get used to this, take it for granted or otherwise not be so happy that I  jump up and down and take photos each time I see my books on a shelf in a shop. (*ever).


Act 1, Scene 1. The stage is set for my new cosy crime Curtain Call at the Seaview Hotel which is out in May this year and in the Bookseller's Buyer's guide to Fiction this week



Female First website have a competition to win one of two copies of Murder at the Seaview Hotel. Enter here.   They also have an article which I wrote, called 7 Fun Facts about Murder at the Seaview Hotel. Read it here.


Speaking of competitions, I'm running another competition to win a signed copy of The Miner's Lass with chocolate and bookmarks. Enter here and good luck!


This week I gave an online zoom talk for Northumbria Libraries! Not only was it very well attended online nut it was screened on the big screen at Cramlington Library too and was a huge success. Anyone who knows me will know that in the days before I was writer I'd never, ever, have had the courage and confidence to do public talks.


Speaking of public talks, I'll be appearing in person at Morpeth Book Festival on Sunday April 10 2022 at 3pm. Book your ticket now.


I popped into Waterstones Sunderland this week to sign a pile of books on my special table and felt like a rock star. Bookshop staff are the best!


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!

__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...