Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, December 24, 2021

Daily Mirror, Scarborough radio, Hitting a Milestone - my writing week


This week I've been writing every day and applying myself as much as I can to writing my saga set in Ryhope in 1919. I can't announce the title of this one yet, and don't yet have the cover from my publisher, Headline. But as soon as I can tell you the title and show you the cover, I will. I'm now over one third of the way through writing the first draft, feeling like I've hit a milestone.  I write each morning for a couple of hours, but my mind is constantly whirring with ideas and plot points.


Also this week I received the page proofs for my second cosy crime set in Scarborough, Curtain Call at the Seaview Hotel. This one comes out in May 2022 in ebook, hardback and audiobook and in paperback in August 2022.  The page proofs are my last chance to read and correct any typographical errors. It also goes to a professional proof reader, but you can bet your bottom dollar that no matter how many pairs of eyes check and re-read the page proofs, the occasional error still makes its way through.



My gritty saga The Miner's Lass, set in a coalmining village in 1919, is given a wonderful mention in the Daily Mirror.  Paul Routledge, esteemed writer and ex-political editor of The Daily Mirror, writes a daily column and today he includes my book.  Paul's ancestors, it turns out, were managers at Ryhope Coal Company and worked at the pit. His column is titled Truer than fiction... book that mirrors my family saga You can read his column online here and if you buy the paper today, his column is on page 17.

I was interviewed by Tim Moon on Scarborough's Coast and County radio show about my cosy crime novel set in Scarborough, Murder at the Seaview Hotel. 

You can enter to win 3 copies of the my gritty northeast saga The Miner's Lass and 3 copies of my murder mystery set in Scarborough, Murder at the Seaview Hotel in Trip Fiction's end of year competition at https://www.tripfiction.com/year-end-giveaway/  


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!


__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...