Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, November 26, 2021

Writing, Editing, Christmas Fayres and Gin- my writing week


This week I've been writing and made a start on my eighth historical saga set in a northeast pit village in 1919. I can't give any spoilers or a title for this one yet, but as soon as I'm able to, I will.  Suffice to say, I'm now writing solidly each weekday morning from Monday to Thursday and I take Fridays and weekends off. I'm loving this book, it's a little different from the others I've written so far, a little bit special... that's all I can say for now.


And as well as making a start on writing the new novel, I've been editing my second cosy crime novel Curtain Call at the Seaview Hotel. These edits I'm doing are the proof-reading edits, so it's a case of going through grammatical changes that the professional proof reader has suggested. It's a time-consuming, nitty-gritty task that requires a lot of concentration. It's been a busy week!


In the winter edition of Sunderland Vibe magazine, there's a competition to win one of four copies of my novel The Miner's Lass.   First prize also includes a bottle of gin from House of Ruhr!


I popped into Sunderland Waterstones to sign a load of books, so if you'd like a signed book, get one from there!


And as it's Museum Shop Sunday this weekend, I also signed a load of books in the shop at National Glass Centre, Sunderland. So do pop in and buy one!


Here's what we can look forward to in the coming weeks!

Saturday 11 December from 11-3. I'll be at Roker United Reform Church Christmas Fayre, selling my Sunderland sagas and cosy crimes. Come and say hello!


Saturday 4 December from 10-12. My Sunderland sagas will be on sale at Sunderland's Christ College PTA Christmas Fayre on Sat 4 December from 10am to 12 noon.   Note, I won't be there, sadly, but my books will!  



I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 

See you next week!
__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com


__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...