Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, October 29, 2021

Book launch, Apple audio, Peasholm Park and Waterstones - my writing week



This week was a BIG week with the paperback launch of my gritty saga set in 1919, The Miner's Lass.  It's on sale now in Waterstones, Tesco, Asda and Morrisons. Plus, it's available online at all the usual places including Amazon at bit.ly/TheMinersLass.


And you can enter to win a signed copy of the new book with chocolate and free bookmarks thrown in too! Enter here.


I visited Scarborough Waterstones where I signed copies of my sagas Pearl of Pit Lane  and The Girl with the Scarlet Ribbon. 


...and I also signed copies of my cosy crime Murder at the Seaview Hotel. Get me, right next to Richard Osman too!


The audiobook of my cosy crime set in Scarborough MURDER AT THE SEAVIEW HOTEL was selected for Apple US’s Mystery & Thrillers flash sale which runs until 3rd November. The audiobook price has dropped exclusively on the Apple US store for the promotional period to $4.99.  Buy it here.


Whilst in Scarborough this week I had coffee with Gemma Alexander of Scarborough's South Cliff Gardens. We met to discuss the online book launch for Murder at the Seaview Hotel which is set in Scarborough and is a fun, cosy crime.  It was lovely to finally meet Gemma and I went a bit giddy kipper.

I visited "dad's bench" in Peasholm Park in Scarborough and left an invitation to the book launch there. I wasn't littering, honest, and I hope whoever finds the invitation will join us on November 11th at 2pm. 


The book  launch is being held online by Zoom with some great prizes to be won and everyone is invited. All details here.


The book was given a fantastic, five star sterling review from the prestigious Crime Fiction Lover website, read it here.
I wrote and sent out my author newsletter for October 2021. If you'd like to sign up to receive these monthly newsletters or you've missed any of the previous ones and would like to receive them, all details are here.


Both my cosy crime Murder at the Seaview Hotel and my new saga The Miner's Lass were featured in a local magazine which is sent free to all homes in my postcode area.


My cosy crime Murder at the Seaview Hotel was also featured in the latest New Writing North newsletter for October 2021.

I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!
__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...