Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, July 16, 2021

Competition, proggy mats, community lecture and newsletter - my writing week


This week, once again, I've been knee-deep in editing my second cosy crime, Curtain Call at the Seaview Hotel. It's not an easy process, and one that I'm dedicating the whole of July to.

The latest edition of my monthly newsletter went out to readers and fans this week. If you'd like to read it, it's online here.  And you can sign up to receive the newsletters via my website, here
This week I have a competition running on my Facebook page to win one of my saga novels plus a bar of gorgeous Galaxy and free bookmarks. Three prizes to be won. Enter at the pinned post on my Facebook page at http://facebook.com/GlendaYoungAuthor 


This week I gave an online Community Lecture for Sunderland University, all about writing historical fiction at the end of WW1 in Sunderland. Details are here.


Researching my historical saga Pearl of Pit Lane I made a clippy mat at Beamish Museum. Anyway, it fell to bits as I'm rubbish at sewing. The lady who's going to repair it runs the sewing group who are creating designs based on my novels. A lovely bit of synchronicity. Read all about my mat making day at Beamish Museum here > https://flamingnora.blogspot.com/2018/08/proggy-mat-making-at-beamish.html


When I haven't been writing and editing, I've been reading and this week I've really enjoyed The Mercies by Karin Millwood Hargrave. It's a magical book and I highly recommend it.


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!
__

Glenda Young


Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...