Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, July 30, 2021

All shook up! Featured in the Crime Readers' Association newsletter


I'm all shook up about this! 

Featured in the Crime Readers' Association newsletter for August 2021. 

My debut cosy crime Murder at the Seaview Hotel.

Cosy Crime Featuring 12 Elvis Impersonators Will Leave You All Shook Up!

Glenda Young

My debut cosy crime, Murder at the Seaview Hotel, is released by Headline in August 2021 in ebook, hardback and audiobook, with the paperback in November. It’s set in Yorkshire, in the seaside town of Scarborough, and stars a troupe of twelve Elvis impersonators called Twelvis. They arrive at the Seaview Hotel for an Elvis fan convention but their story takes a dark turn when one of the Elvis impersonators is murdered and his blue suede shoes are stolen. Hotel landlady Helen Dexter and her rescue greyhound Suki are soon on the case to solve the murder. Murder at the Seaview Hotel is the first in a series of three cosy crimes starring Helen Dexter and Suki and set in the Seaview Hotel.
 
Cosy crimes are all about sleuthing, strong characters, mystery, suspects and a wealth of red herrings. And in Murder at the Seaview Hotel, it’s also about Elvis impersonators and their quivering top lips, white-suited shaking hips, diamanté, collars and big-buckle belts.
 
So, why did I choose Elvis and why set it in Scarborough? Well, who doesn’t love Elvis or know at least one of his songs? And I chose Scarborough as the setting because I adore the seaside town; it’s my happy place and I was married there.     
 
Murder at the Seaview Hotel was a lot of fun to write and you can even sing along! While writing the book I listened to a different Elvis song each day to get me in the right mood for creating Twelvis. I’ve now curated a playlist to sing along as you read and you can download the playlist at Spotify http://bit.ly/MurderAtTheSeaviewHotelSpotify or YouTube http://bit.ly/MurderAtTheSeaviewHotelYouTube.
 
Ladies-and-gentlemen, thankyouverymuch. Glenda Young has now left this article.
 
Murder at the Seaview Hotel is out on 5 August. You can find out more about Glenda and her writing here.

__

Glenda Young


Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...