Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, June 25, 2021

Community book donations and The End - my writing week


This week I reached a milestone  as I finished the first draft of my second cosy crime novel set at the Seaview Hotel in Scarborough. I've still got a long way to go, editing, chopping and changing, before I send the complete manuscript to Headline. But it's always a delight writing these two special words.
I've now started the long process of editing my work, which is never an easy task.

This week I've been donating a lot of my books to causes close to my heart, once again. The books have been donated to the village where the books are set, the village where I grew up and was born and bred.

40 copies of The Paper Mill Girl have been donated to Ryhope Community Centre who will distribute the books with afternoon teas to residents who are isolated.


And a further 25 copies of my books (5 of each paperback novel) have been donated to Saint Paul's church charity shop in Ryhope for sale.


A reminder that the 99p offer for my gritty, bestselling, northeast saga THE PAPER MILL GIRL ends on Wednesday June 30 - that's next week. Download it now at bit.ly/PaperMillGirl and I hope you'll really enjoy it, thank you!


When I wasn't writing this week, I was reading and I finished reading A Crooked Tree by Una Mannion. I enjoyed it a lot, it was disturbing and made me think I knew all the twists and turns coming, when I didn't.


I also started reading The Nix by Nathan Hall. This is a mammoth book, almost 700 pages so I might be reading it for some time. It's great though and I'm really enjoying it.



I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!


__

Glenda Young
Author of Sagas & Cosy Crime novels, published by Headline



Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...