Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, February 12, 2021

Final first draft, community spirit & strong lasses in large print - my writing week


The big news this week is that I finished writing the first draft of saga number 7 set in Ryhope in 1924. There's still a long way to go before I can send to the publisher but what a feeling of accomplishment and relief. Plus it made me cry as I wrote it, which is always a good sign. I can't give anything away about this book yet, but it's very special indeed.


This week I received three free copies of my novel Pearl of Pit Lane and The Girl with the Scarlet Ribbon from Ulverscroft Ltd who publishes my novels in large print. I'll be donating my copies to two local community libraries in Sunderland - Fulwell Community Library and Back on the Map library at Hendon.




Last week I donated book 40 copies of my novel The Girl with the Scarlet Ribbon to Ryhope Community Centre. This week the books were delivered around Ryhope to elderly and those self-isolating, along with afternoon teas by the amazing people at Ryhope Community Centre. All details here.


I've been planning the media campaign with Hype That PR for the launch of my novel The Paper MIll Girl. If any media friends are reading this who might like the press release and review copy of my gritty saga set in 1919, let me know. She's out in all her attitude and glory in paperback on Thursday March 18. (Amazon and Waterstones online March 11 in time for Mothers Day)


I sold a short story to The People's Friend magazine, which got my week off to a cracking start as I received notification of the sale first thing on Monday morning. A lovely way to start the week!

I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


And finally, I wrote another Coronation Street weekly update and sent it to my emailing list of thousands of Corrie fans around the world. I've been running this list since 1995 and if you'd like to sign up to receive these weekly updates, all details are here.


See you next week.

__

Glenda Young
Author of historical novels with Headline
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...