Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Sunday, December 06, 2020

Wonderful Women - Heroines, YouTube and Me!


During lockdown, unable to get out and about to meet readers and give talks about my books, I took to YouTube instead. 

It was terrifying and remains so. 

However, not one to let the opportunity pass me by to chat about my books (of which I am passionate!), I've been recording weekly YouTubes called Wonderful Women in which I talk about the heroines in each of my books

And now you can view those (very short) videos all in one place.  



We kick off with me talking about Meg, the rag and bone girl, from Belle of the Back Streets

Watch it here.


Then it's on to book two, where I reveal why Sadie and her quest to find her stolen child in The Tuppenny Child is my favourite heroine of all.  



Third, it's Pearl from Pearl of Pit Lane and I tell you all about the significance of a red feather to the story of a girl trying to escape a life of prostitution. 



Next, I take you on a journey to Scarborough with Jess after she's left as a baby on the doorstep of a wealthy family in Ryhope in The Girl with the Scarlet Ribbon



And last, but by no means least, it's Ruth from my new book The Paper Mill Girl and I reveal why going to be pub was an essential part of the book's research!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...