Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

The Paper Mill Girl previewed in The Bookseller magazine


Very happy to see The Paper Mill Girl previewed in this week's Bookseller magazine.  It comes out in March 2021, just in time for Mother's Day, which will make a lovely present for some mum, or indeed for anyone.

The blurb for the book in the Bookseller simply says this, however as I'm sure you can imagine if you know my books by now, there's a hell of a lot more going on. There's class warfare, domestic abuse, one of the most evil women I've ever written and one of the nicest men too. There's the workings of a paper mill in 1919, and I did weeks of intense research on this and the role of women in the mills too. Ultimately it's a story of friendship between women, even across a class divide. And yes, the paper mill girl at the heart of the story, does indeed bring up her sister's baby, but that my friends, is only the beginning of the tale...



__

Glenda Young
Author of historical novels with Headline  
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...