Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Saturday, November 07, 2020

#SignForOurBookshops - I'm here to help UK bookshops survive lockdown


Let’s help UK bookshops survive lockdown!

Author Holly Bourne has come up with a way to help UK bookshops during the second lockdown – the #SignForOurBookshops campaign. And I’m really happy to be involved along with hundreds of authors, many of them much more famous than I.

#SignForOurBookshops is a national show of support from UK authors, urging people to keep buying through bookshops by offering exclusive signed bookplates to stores and customers 

How it works
If you buy any of my books from a UK bookshop – either an independent bookshop or a high street retailer such as Waterstones or WHSmiths  – I will send you a signed, personalised bookplate. Not only that, but I'll pop one of my gorgeous bookmarks in with the bookplate for you, too.

What’s a bookplate? 
Well, it’s like a label you can stick in the front of your book which makes it very personal to you or the person you're buying it for. It's just like having a signed copy. 

The special #SignForOurBookshops bookplates have been designed by former Children’s Laureate, Chris Riddell, as below, with space for me to write a message to you inside. 


How do you get one?
All you have to do is send me proof of purchase of the book/s you've bought, along with your name and address of where you'd like me to send the bookplate. If you'd like the book dedicated to yourself or as a gift for someone else, let me know any name or special message you'd like putting inside.

However (sorry, there's always one, isn't there?) this offer only applies to books bought between 5th November and 2nd December 2020 which is the proposed length of lockdown 2 and I can only post to UK addresses.

You will need some PrittStick or similar to stick the bookplate inside the book when you receive it from me. And only purchases from UK high street or independent bookshops count

 Let's help keep UK bookshops alive during lockdown. I'm proud to be involved.

__

Glenda Young
Author of historical novels with Headline
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...