Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

5 things I want my readers to know about me – and 5 things I don’t!


Five things I’d like my reader to know about me

I love writing. When I’m not writing, I’m thinking and planning about what I’m going to write next. I’ve loved writing since I was a little girl when I’d make up stories and plays, poems and sketches. But I never knew what to do with them and so they ended up stuck at the back of my knicker drawer.

I have a big knicker drawer.

I’m often inspired to write by pictures I see, especially historic ones where those being photographed are suspicious of the camera and wary of the person wielding the camera. I also love listening to conversations on the bus.

I have to write in silence. Pure, utter silence. No radio, nothing. It has to be just me and the tapping of my keyboard while I concentrate fully.

The kettle is always on and tea fuels my writing day.

And five things I’d like to keep secret

Being a writer means sitting around a lot at your keyboard so you need to be comfortable. Therefore, you probably won’t want to know about the tracksuit bottoms I wear with fluffy pink slippers when I sit down to write. Ah, the glamour of it all.

When I write an angry scene I thump at my keyboard. When I write a touching scene, I often cry. Hmm… wonder if I should write erotic fiction some time?

I clean my writing desk thoroughly after each book is complete. I clear my walls of all pictures, maps and plans. Before I start researching the next book, I give my writing room a good going-over. This often takes some time.

I don’t really have a writing room. It’s just our spare room. No-one else is allowed in and if they wander in while I’m writing they’re greeted by very unfriendly stare.

I still have poems I wrote when I was six, they’re in my knicker drawer.
__

Glenda Young
Author of historical novels with Headline
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...