Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Sunderland's best selling local author


Today I was invited into my local branch of Waterstones book shop in The Bridges shopping centre in Sunderland. I was there, not for a book signing this time, as book signings are a casualty of the coronavirus pandemic this year and none are taking place. 

Instead, I went into sign books for the shelves. 


Books? Check. Pen? Check. Hand sanitiser? Mask? Check and check.  All books signed, all done and dusted and I was on my way out of the shop when I saw the last two books on a table directly in front of the bookshop door, it's the first thing customers see on their way into the shop. 



On it, the lovely staff at Waterstones had printed 'Sunderland's best selling local author' and I had to take a a photo, of course!  As I was doing so, a lady came up to me to ask me about the book. We had a socially distanced chat through masks (!) and she bought a book which I happily signed for her.

Oh, and I'm in the window next to Barack Obama. Not bad for a lass from a pit village.



__

Glenda Young
Author of historical novels with Headline
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...