Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Saturday, April 04, 2020

Short Story Winner - Evesham Festival of Words 2020


Good news is in short supply right now so I'm absolutely over the moon about this. I've won this year's Evesham Festival of Words Short Story competition with my short story called The Fan Club Man.

The story will be going on the festival website soon and if you'd like to you can read it once it's live.

It's a story about a man, not without his difficulties in life, who runs a fan club for a soap star that he's infatuated with. So when she calls him out of the blue and asks him to meet, he goes a bit giddy kipper. However, what she has to tell him isn't what he wants to hear.   The judge said that my story made them both laugh and cry.

And it was inspired by a true story of something that happened to me. That's all I'm going to say!
__

Glenda Young
Author of historical novels with Headline
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...