Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Book launch, cake and anxiety


The excitement builds as it's now just over a week away to paperback publication of my third novel Pearl of Pit Lane.

When my first novel Belle of the Back Streets was released in paperback I had a book launch in The Albion Inn in Ryhope, the pub which is central to the story of the book. There was a buffet, cakes, drinks, and lots and lots of people. My actress friend Corinne Kilvington and I read from the book and then Corinne interviewed me. The night was a huge success. It was standing room only in the pub.

There are some amazing pictures of the night here.

But I'm not going to do it again.

Why not?

Because it caused me endless anxiety afterwards, I'm no good with that sort of thing. And so when my second novel The Tuppenny Child was released in paperback, it was muted kind of affair. It'll be the same for Pearl of Pit Lane although I am having a launch at Waterstones Sunderland on Saturday 7 March and again at National Glass Centre later that same day.

Pearl of Pit Lane will be available from Waterstones, WHSmiths, Asda. In Sunderland it's also available as signed copies from Fulwell Post Office on Sea Road, Seaburn and from the National Glass Centre gift shop.

Have a look at my events page on my website for launches, book signings and talks.
__

Glenda Young
Author of historical novels with Headline
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...