Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Back in Time at the Corner Shop - and me


This week on BBC2 a new TV show began called Back in Time at the Corner Shop.  The Back in Time... series has been wonderful to watch and this time it's all about changing fortunes and food in a local corner shop.  Watching the first episode of the show last night made me almost jump out of my seat and run around the living room shouting for joy. And no, I don't normally do that. Well, not on a Tuesday night.

The reason I was so overjoyed to see Back in Time at the Corner Shop is that my new novel Pearl of Pit Lane (out in paperback March 5) features not one, but two local shops set in 1919.   Watching the TV last night was like watching all of those weeks of research come to life right in front of my eyes.  All of the museums I'd visited, all of the archive material I waded through, the price lists from the Co-op stores at the time - it was all there, on TV. And I'd got it right. I can't tell you what that felt like.


I don't want to spoil any of the story for any reader who might like the book but you can expect plenty of this...

Photo from Preston Park museum
 And this...
Photo from Preston Park museum
 And this...
Photo from Preston Park museum
Not to mention this...


Sound just like your cup of tea? Then you'll love Pearl of Pit Lane. Treat yourself, go on. It's here.
__

Glenda Young
Author of historical novels with Headline
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...