Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Writing short stories, soap opera and a comedy sketch


Just been doing a bit of year-end totting up and sorting out. 

And am very happy to share the news that during 2019 I had a whopping 29 short stories published in women's magazines.  

This includes stories published in The People's Friend and The People's Friend Fiction Special; My Weekly and Take a Break's Fiction Feast. Overseas in South Africa I had stories published in You magazine too.

These stories published in UK women's magazines included my story Butterflies published in My Weekly. Butterflies was a first for women’s magazine fiction in the UK – a love story featuring two women.

My weekly soap opera Riverside continues apace in The People's Friend magazine and remains the highlight of my writing week. I LOVE writing Riverside!

In addition to all of that I had a little bit of success in writing competitions.

My short story The Elvis Twins won third place (regional) in the Sunderland Short Story Award 2019. and another short story A Close Call was longlisted.

I was also one of six finalists in the Sketch for Sammy / Ian la Frenais and Dick Clement Comedy Award 2019 with my comedy sketch The Interview. Sketch was performed at The Exchange Theatre in North Shields.

Onwards to 2020 and all it may bring!
__

Author of historical novels with Headline
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...