Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Tuesday, December 03, 2019

My interview on DH9 Community Radio


Radio is a huge part of my life, I love it. In fact, I'm listening to it more often these days than ever before. Politics, Brexit - every time any of this comes on TV, I switch it off and turn on the radio to listen to music instead. 

Radio is also my favourite way of being interviewed too. I love it!


And it was with a happy heart that I accepted an invitation to be interviewed on DH9 Community Radio in Stanley this week. 

The interview was with DJ Bryan F Irving. I met Bryan on an audio drama writing workshop at Sunderland University a couple of years ago. We had to work in pairs and I worked with Bryan on that workshop. We'd never met before but we worked well together, different backgrounds and writing genres coming together to create a smashing little piece of audio drama. 

I was so inspired by the work we created on that day that I went home and wrote a very dark short story. The story turned out to be The Caller and it was shortlisted in a national competition and printed in an anthology. Find out more about it here.

Anyway, back to DH9 Community Radio. You can listen to my interview with DJ Bryan on Wednesday 4th December at 1pm and again on Sunday 8th December.  All details here.  

There'll also be a competition to win a copy of Belle of the Back Streets and The Tuppenny Child.




__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...