Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Monday, December 23, 2019

Glenda Young: Upcoming talks and events for 2020


I am not the sort of person who gives talks. To say it doesn't come naturally to me is something of a massive understatement.

In all my 25 years working in University admin I turned down promotions and job opportunities if it meant, in any way, shape or form, that I'd have to stand up in front of people and talk. I was not that person who could give a, gulp, presentation. I still shudder at the mention of that word.

But I'm doing it now. Speaking with a passion about my writing and my books.

However, it doesn't come easy.  After each talk I give I'm exhausted. I feel mentally and physically done in. Once the adrenaline leaves me, I crumple. I feel like I've been beaten up. It takes a lot out of me.

But I've come to love talking about what drives me to write, about my research, characters, stories and more.

If you'd like to come along to any of my talks in 2020, there's a list on my website which I update regularly too.

__

Glenda Young
Author of historical novels with Headline
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...