Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Thursday, August 29, 2019

Three more novels set in Ryhope 1919


I'm over the moon to finally be able to announce some big news that I've been sitting on for months. I've been commissioned to write a further three novels set in Ryhope in 1919. It's fantastic news and I couldn't be happier.

Here's the press release from Headline, my publisher.

Senior commissioning editor Kate Byrne acquired world English rights from Caroline Sheldon at the Caroline Sheldon Literary Agency. The Girl with the Scarlet Ribbon and The Paper Mill Girl will publish in 2020, followed by Rose of Miner’s Row in 2021.

Young is the author of three other Headline saga novels, Belle of the Back Streets, The Tuppenny Child and Pearl of Pit Lane. She has written a number of books based on "Coronation Street" and runs two website for fans of the soap.

Byrne said: “It’s been an absolute delight working with Glenda on her first three saga novels and to see readers falling in love with her strong, resourceful heroines and the way she brings early twentieth-century Ryhope to vivid life. Glenda is a dream to work with, filled with ideas for stories and promotion and I couldn’t be more excited about the next three compelling novels we’ll be publishing at Headline which I know will thrill her fans.”

Sheldon added: “I remember my excitement when I read Glenda’s first novel, Belle of the Back Streets – everything was there – storytelling ability, nostalgia for a way of life long gone, fascinating historical detail and warmth. Every book Glenda has written since has reinforced my belief in her as a writer who will go to the very top of the genre. And we are thrilled to sign further publishing contract with Headline who share all my excitement for her work.”

The full announcement is here in The Bookseller.
__

Glenda Young
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...