Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, August 09, 2019

Short Story: We'll Meet Again


I feel very proud and honoured to be one of seven authors included in a new mini-fiction magazine in My Weekly Special magazine. The stories are all about World War 2, stories of love and courage. My story is caled We'll Meet Again and is based on the true story of my grandparents.


When grandad was called away to war in 1939, grandma was pregnant with my mam. When grandad returned from war in 1945 and he walked into the home he'd had to leave all those years ago, it was the first time my mam had set eyes on her dad. She didn't know who he was and ran screaming to my grandma: "There's a man in the house!"

These words are now immortalised in the first line of my debut novel Belle of the Back Streets which is set at the end of WW1.
__

Glenda Young
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...