Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, April 26, 2019

New Writing North: The Tuppenny Child


I'm very happy to be included in April's newsletter from New Writing North where they announce the hardback launch date of  my second novel with Headline.

The book is called The Tuppenny Child and is set in the northeast coalmining village of Ryhope, in 1919. It's got a fantastic heroine at its core, who arrives in Ryhope with no money, no friends, no family. She is there to find her baby who has been stolen from her. 

And she's a kick-ass feminist icon too - if I may say so myself. She becomes the first woman in the village to wear trousers, to ride a bike, to set up her own business - and all the while she's searching for her stolen child. 

Not just that, she brings down one of the most powerful men in the village while she's on!  It's a rollercoaster of a ride and includes a fantastic Women's Christmas, the traditional Irish custom of  Nollaig na mBan, done in pure Ryhope style!

The New Writing North newsletter reports that I am publishing my second novel, but I can confirm all three of my novels are published with Headline. And here is The Tuppenny Child on their website.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...