Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Tuesday, October 02, 2018

The day they took me for 60


San Francisco Sea Fret 
or

The Day They Took Me For 60


The girl in the picture
With long, dark hair
Stares at the camera
In a pre-digital age
San Francisco sea-fret
On Christmas Eve
Pebbles and shingles
Tide and the bay
She's homesick for friendship
Wants her mum's hug 
and the family tree

The woman at the counter
With hair going grey
and thinning 
Stares at the pharmacist
Who assumes she's prehistoric
Her heart aches for friendship
Misses her mum's hug
A branch snapped 




Find out more about me and my books at: Glenda Young Books

I'm on Twitter @flaming_nora and Instagram @flaming_nora

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...