Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, October 12, 2018

Airport (Ooh-Ooh)



 With apologies to The Motors, 1978

We’ve been waiting nine minutes for this train.
We’ve been waiting all year for this moment.
Destination Airport.
“Airport!” you sing to me.
“Ooh-ooh!” I sing back.

Once I thought we were the only ones who did this.
And then we heard another couple sing.
“Airport!” she sang to him.
“Ooh-ooh!” he sang back.
You and I looked at each other, and smiled.

It’s dark, wet and 7am.
Everyone is wearing the face they go to work in.
Ours have gone for the next two weeks.
We’re the only passengers with a smiling face.
Flying away, flying away. 


Find out more about me and my books at: Glenda Young Books

I'm on Twitter @flaming_nora and Instagram @flaming_nora

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...