Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, September 28, 2018

Behind the scenes at an audio book recording


Today has been an incredible day and one I'll never forget. The recording of the audio book for my debut novel Belle of the Back Streets took place and I was invited in to sit and listen to some of the recording.  What an amazing experience it was.


Esteemed TV and stage actress Janine Birkett is the narrator of my book and I sat and listened in the studio to her read a couple of chapters. She was fantastic, really bringing the characters to life in a way I had never imagined. At one point I even had a tear in my eye, moved with the emotion of hearing my words read out in such a dramatic style.

I was also given a behind the scenes tour of the recording and editing process for which I'm very grateful indeed. It really has been the best of days.

The audio book of Belle of the Back Streets is released on December 15th by Soundings and is available on CD, MP3 and download. Find out more at Audible.

Here are Janine and I in the recording studio. I'm the one looking like a giddy kipper on the left in the white blouse and scarf.  You can find out more about actress Janine Birkett here at her website.



Belle of the Back Streets is out in hardback and ebook on November 1st, audio book on December 15 and in paperback on March 7 2019.  Find out more here.


Find out more about me and my books at: Glenda Young Books

I'm on Twitter @flaming_nora and Instagram @flaming_nora

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...