Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Come see me Sunderland Libraries Literature Festival


I've been asked to do a couple of talks as part of Sunderland Libraries Literature Festival 2017.  And while I've always shied away from talking in public in the past, and I'm nervous about doing these talks, I'm also excited about it. And if anything I have to say can help any other writers or bloggers out there, then it'll all be worth while.

I'm going to be talking about how and why I started up the Coronation Street Blog in 2007 (10 years ago!) and how it all works, what our team does and how to run a successful blog.

I'll also go on to talk about the seven TV Tie-In Coronation Street books I've written.

In addition, I'll speak about the fiction-writing side of my life as I write short stories for women's magazines (Take a Break, My Weekly, The People's Friend) and I was commissioned to write the first ever weekly soap opera for The People's Friend magazine (the UK's oldest story magazine).

I have also had the following successes with my short story writing:

2017: Won the judge's prize at The Word (South Shields) True Stories competition
2017: 2nd prize in the national Aurora Competition (Writing East Midlands)
2017: Shortlisted, one of ten, in the national Olga Sinclair Prize 2017 (Norwich Writers)
2016: Longlisted in the national Doris Gooderson Short Story Competition
2016: Two stories entered into the Sunderland Short Story Competition. Both were longlisted and one was highly commended.
2016: A flash fiction piece was read at the opening of Sunderland cultural event, Seagull City

And, last but not least, I'll talk about how all of that has led me to writing my first novel - which I'm currently doing - and how a leading London literary agent has signed me up.

You can find out more about me here.

So, here's when I'm on...  and if you come along for either or both of my talks, please bear with me if I stumble over words through my nervousness. I've not stood up to speak in front of people since I was in the Brownies.

Monday 16 October at Washington Town Centre Library at 2pm.


Friday 20 October at Houghton Library at 2pm.


You can find out more about the Sunderland Libraries Literature Festival here.

Find out more about me and my books. Click on the image below:

Glenda Young books

I'm on twitter @flaming_nora

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...