Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Monday, September 25, 2017

Books I read on holiday 2017


Sylvia Patterson - I'm not with the band
My score: 9/10
I love reading biographies. I love reading biographies written by women. I love reading biographies written by women in the media, especially in music. You can probably guess that I loved reading this book.


Alice Munro - Runaway
My score: 6/10
I gave up reading this book and felt guilty. It had won prizes! Major prizes! I should have liked it, I felt, I should have given it more respect. But it just didn't do it for me, it didn't engage me enough. Sorry, Alice.

The Travelers - Chris Pavone
My score: 8/10
A perfect read for a beach holiday about a travel writer who gets signed up for some dodgy spy activity. It was a bit blokey though and could have been a tad lighter in its prose. Still an excellent read.


Black Teeth and a White Smile - Adelle Stripe
My score: 10/10
Perfect. Just perfect. A novelisation of the life of playwright Andrea Dunbar. Gorgeous writing and makes me want to find out more about Andrea Dunbar's real life too.

The Power - Naomi Alderman
My score: 7/10
I think I was too old to enjoy this book to its fullest. A feminist anthem it might be, to those much younger than I. It's not the Handmaid's Tale, whatever it says on the cover. Bit of a damp squib rather than electrifying, for me.

Find out more about me and my books. Click on the image below:

Glenda Young books

I'm on twitter @flaming_nora

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...