Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Why middle-aged women love Strictly Come Dancing

I've long been a fan of Strictly Come Dancing, having watched it from the second series onwards. I enjoy it more than a woman my age, with a life, really should. I love it.  I love the bling, the frocks, the make-up, the hair, the dancing, the judges' professional comments and bickering between themselves. Mind you, I could do with having Arlene Phillips back as a professional judge and Karen Hardy as my favourite dancer, but I still enjoy the programme a great deal and never miss it.

However, without wanting to sound like a pervy old granny, there's another reason why Strictly Come Dancing holds such appeal.  Where else on mainstream TV can straight women get the chance to enjoy watching blokes in tight clothes, sometimes stripped to the waist, jiggling their hips and strutting their stuff? And it doesn't matter if the male dancers are gay or straight. What matters is that in SCD the men are there to be looked at, to be enjoyed as much as straight men enjoy the short skirts, cleavage and long legs of the female dancers and celebs.

The appeal of the male dancers hasn't been lost on Cosmopolitan magazine who have published this pic of dancers Artem Chigvintsev and Robin Windsor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could try watching rugby...

Glenda Young said...

Nah, too aggressive and they've all got broken noses and mashed up faces.

Tvor said...

Oh. My.

(and the captcha word just happens to be "whorg" ahahhaah)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...