Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Monday, January 18, 2010

Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll

To the flicks this weekend to see Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll, the biopic of Ian Dury with Andy Serkis playing the lead role. It's a great film, wonderfully done and although I gulped at paying £10.20 for a cinema ticket in London's West End, it turned out to be money well spent.

However, this time last year we'd been to see the Ian Dury stage play Hit Me! which I blogged about here and to be honest, that had the edge. But then, for me, live theatre will always beat cinema.

2 comments:

Steve said...

The wife and I have already put this on our "must-see" cinema list.

Claire Voiante said...

Dying to see the film here in America as well... There is this hilarious politically inspired image that pretty well sums up the Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll sentiment here in the States as the 21st Century unfolds. Not sure how this translates to those of you in the UK, but I thought I would send it along. I think it is kind of funny, yet also kind of sad how Dury's lyric has transformed a nation...

http://www.cafepress.com/usa21stcentury

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...