Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Pippa Dolls

Watching Strictly Come Dancing on telly, I'm struck by the hair-dos of the women, in particular Carol Smilie and Jan Ravens. Their stiff, lacquered up-do hair-dos remind me very much of my pocket-sized Pippa doll I had in the '70s. So I look for a picture via Google of an old Pippa doll only to stumble across some very odd websites. There are women out there, women old enough to know better, women of a certain age, still dressing and obsessing about Pippa dolls. There are even Pippa doll conventions. It's scary (but I quite liked this picture from the Manchester Pippa doll convention!)

3 comments:

Boz said...

Jan Ravens looks like Georgina Bouzova ten years later. But we love Jan. What on earth is she doing on there? Sis her agent just say, look, it's for Children in Need... go on love... it's for charity... go on.....

Anonymous said...

You brought back many happy memories with this post. I ADORED my pippa doll. She could fit in my pocket when I was looking for worms in the garden, and she stayed nice and clean (even if her owner was a tomboy!)

Tracy said...

speaking as a lady of a ..hmm how did you put it .. a certain age !
dont knock things till ya try it "!
thirty women at a hotel for a weekend .. is well madness and biggest laugh ever ...
i hope i never know better ! and always keep smiling ..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...