Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Sunday, February 08, 2009

The Sopranos

Being a huge fan of mob movies, I'm still not clear how telly series The Sopranos passed me by, but it did. Anyway, that's being rectified as my lovely man bought by the whole of Series 1 for Christmas.

It's fantastic, as good as expected, and Series 2 is being ordered online as I type this. Well, after I type this, but you know what I mean.

I'm also a huge fan of Alabama 3 and one of their London gigs I went to at Brixton Academy many years ago, remains up there in my top 5 London gigs, ever. It seems they had to change their name to A3 in the States, I'm still not sure why. Anyway, watch them sing on YouTube.

4 comments:

Steve said...

This has passed me by completely too though I've heard loads of recommendations.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE 'The Sopranos'.
I have all 7 seasons of it.
If you go to the Vanity Fair website, in the archives there is a great feature on the making of/the writing of it, how it came about, how it evolved.
James Gandolfini ties with Robbie Coltrane for sexiest man alive.
I am rather in love with Edie Falco too.

Anonymous said...

There's a condensed version of The Sopranos out there. It's got all the swearing and nothing else:
http://victorsolomon.com/get-weird/sopranos-uncensored/

Glenda Young said...

You should hear my impersonation of Carmel: "Tawny, wan' sum corfee?" It's coming on a treat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...