Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, October 08, 2021

Libraries Week, Book Launch, Short Stories & Research - my writing week


This week is National Libraries Week and I've been concentrating on preparing and giving two online talks. Meanwhile at the back of my mind are all kinds of ideas and stories as I begin research for my eighth saga set in the northeast in 1919.  I know the story and what will happen, and I now need to begin research in earnest which will keep me busy for the next 4 to 6 weeks.


I'm delighted with this!  My debut cosy crime, Murder at the Seaview Hotel, is featured in this week's Bookseller magazine on my agent's hot list of books set to light up this year's Frankfurt Book Fair.


Murder at the Seaview Hotel was also included in New Writing North's Bookshelf for Autumn 2021. 


As part of National Libraries Week I gave two online talks by Zoom. The first was for Northumberland Libraries and the second was for The Word (National Centre for the Written Word) at South Shields.


I had a short story published in Best magazine


Meanwhile, the most amazing reviews continue to roll in for my debut cosy crime Murder at the Seaview Hotel. It's reviews like these, especially ones that mention a visit to Scarborough because of the book, that really warm my heart.

I also donated copies of the audiobook of Murder at the Seaview Hotel to two local community libraries - Fulwell Community Library and Back on the Map at Hendon library.


And... ta-dah!... the winner was drawn in my competition to win your name as a character in cosy crime number two - Curtain Call at the Seaview Hotel. The draw was  made by my friend Lynn's assistance dog as all donations are going to Dog A.I.D. (Assistance in Disability). The draw was filmed and you can see it online very soon when I announce the winner.


My new saga The Miner's Lass was featured in my local newspaper, The Sunderland Echo.  You can read it all here.

I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!

__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...