Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Thursday, December 17, 2020

Top 5 writing highlights of 2020


Yesterday I published a blog post showcasing my writing achievements this year. 

You can read it here if you'd like to.

Today, I'd like to choose my personal top five writing highlights from all of those achievements. And so, here we go, in no particular order.

NUMBER ONE

Signing two new contracts with publisher Headline to write more sagas set in the coalmining village of Ryhope where I was born and bred AND to write three cosy crimes set in a Scarborough B&B.


NUMBER TWO

I won the Evesham Festival of Words Short Story Award 2020 with my short story The Fan Club Man. One of the judges told me that the story made her both laugh and cry in equal measure.



NUMBER THREE

Got myself interviewed on BBC Radio 4 Woman's Hour about my gritty novels set in the northeast coalmining village where I was born and bred.  Jane Garvey said I was 'Such a good writer; fantastic' and my novels were 'Real sagas with female characters right at the heart'.  Quotes I'll dine out on for years.



NUMBER FOUR

For someone who struggles with self-esteem and anxiety, it's no mean feat giving public talks about my books. It's something I haven't had to do in person during lockdown. But I realised that I genuinely missed the connection with readers and fans and so I did something I thought I'd never have the confidence to do in a million years. I set up my own channel on YouTube and now there's no shutting me up.  It's all here

NUMBER FIVE

And last but by no means least, I was given a full page feature in The Mirror where I talked about how being a Coronation Street fan changed my life and led to me writing novels and even a soap opera of my own.

__

Glenda Young
Author of historical novels with Headline
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...