Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, December 18, 2020

Sunderland Echo, Sunderland Culture, The Bookseller and Red Herrings - my writing week

 

It's been quite a wonderful week with a feature on me and my books in my always supportive local newspaper, Sunderland Echo.

My novel The Paper Mill Girl comes out in paperback in March 2021 and this week was one of the highlighted previews in The Bookseller magazine. Read more on that here.


The first of my three cosy crimes Murder at the Seaview Hotel is published in August 2021 with Headline and I've joined the Crime Writers' Association. This month I was featured in their members' magazine, Red Herrings. Read more on that here.


Sunderland Culture featured me as their Creative of the Week. I had no idea this was going to happen and it made me very happy indeed. 
In terms of actual sitting down on my backside and writing, I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also wrote another Coronation Street weekly update and sent it to my emailing list of thousands of Corrie fans around the world. I've been running this list since 1995 and if you'd like to sign up to receive these weekly updates, all details are here.


I wrote a round-up of all of my writing achievements of 2020. You can read them all here.


And I chose my top 5 writing achievements of 2020 too. You can find out what they are, if you'd like to.


And last but by no means least is the news that I've been working daily on my new work in progress. This is a saga novel, for Headline, and a very special one indeed. 

I've now paused work on it for a few weeks while I begin editing my first cosy crime novel Murder at the Seaview Hotel which is published in August 2021.  To ensure a seamless return to writing my saga, I've deliberately paused it at a very poignant scene that will rattle around my brain for the next few weeks until I can start writing again.


__

Glenda Young
Author of historical novels with Headline
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...