Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, December 13, 2019

My Top 10 Writing Highlights of 2019 - Day 4 of 10


This year has been a blur of good stuff, exciting times and unbelievable things. And so before the year ends I want to take a look back at my year in writing and highlight some of the incredible experiences I've had. 

Over ten days from Tuesday 10 December to Thursday 19 December, I'll be posting a blog about one particular writing event which happened this year that really made me smile, feel proud or honoured. 

This isn't a countdown with my favourite at number one. This is me remembering the amazing events of 2019 in my writing life, in no particular order.

And so without any further ado, here we go with day 4 of 10.

Day 4 of 10
June 2019



I'm hugely proud to be a short story writer for The People's Friend magazine. It's the longest-running weekly women's magazine in the world and this year they are celebrating their 150th anniversary. As well as short story writing for the magazine, I am in the unique and wonderful position of being the author of the first ever soap opera in the history of the magazine. 

The soap opera, Riverside, publishes weekly in the magazine and is a lot of fun to write.

Earlier this year I attended The People's Friend's 150th birthday party in the wonderful city of Dundee. You can read more on that here.

And I was invited as a guest author to Alvaston Hall in Cheshire to celebrate The People's Friend's 150th anniversary weekend.

Read all about it here.

See all of my top 10 writing highlights here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...