Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, December 03, 2021

The creative process - let it flow, let it flow, let it flow. My writing week.


This week I've been writing every day, making good progress with my eighth saga set in the northeast in 1919. It's lovely to sink in to writing like this and I love the creative process.

Speaking of which, I had two short stories published this week. One story called Stood Up was printed in The Sunday Post's P.S. magazine.


And one story called Cutting It was published by The People's Friend. I love the illustrations they use for the stories.


It was Museum Shop Sunday last weekend and so went to the museum shop at National Glass Centre, Sunderland, to sign their stock of books. If you'd like a signed book, get them from the glass centre!





This week I emailed my Christmas newsletter.  You can read it online or sign up to receive the monthly newsletters here  


A reminder for Saturday 4 December from 10-12. My Sunderland sagas will be on sale at Sunderland's Christ College PTA Christmas Fayre on Sat 4 December from 10am to 12 noon. Note, I won't be there, sadly, but my books will!  


However, I will be at Roker United Reform Church Christmas Fayre on Saturday 11 December from 11am to 3pm so if you'd like signed books, come and see me and say a socially-distanced hello and don't forget your face mask.


Finally, I was delighted this week to be in esteemed company, at an event held in the Catherine Cookson room at The Word (national centre for the written word) in South Shields. It always sends a wonderful chill down my spine to be in this room named after such an incredible writer.


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 



See you next week!
__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...