Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, December 31, 2021

Short stories, soap and reaching a milestone - my writing week


This week I reached the halfway mark in writing the first draft of my new historical saga set in 1919 set in a northeast coalmining village. I'll continue powering on and doing my job, wearing comfy jeans, eating crumpets and drinking tea for the next few weeks until the first draft is complete and then even more hard work starts - editing!


I had a short story published in The People's Friend Special No. 219 which is in the shops now. Sixteen-year-old Anna is there to help her mum when she needs it most, in my story, Trust Me, Mum. I hope you really enjoy it.


I had a short story published this week in The People's Friend magazine. It's a story about making - and breaking - New Year resolutions and why you should never believe office gossip. It's called Stick to the Plan and I hope you like it!


My interview with The Table Read about how and why I wrote my cosy crime set in Scarborough, Murder at the Seaview Hotel is now available to read here https://thetableread.co.uk/author-interview-glenda-young-murder-at-the-seaview-hotel/  


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!

__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...