Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, September 24, 2021

Shirley, Spark, Sagas and Soap - my writing week


This week has been a rather difficult week. I've been working very hard on editing my second cosy crime set in Scarborough, Curtain Call at the Seaview Hotel. It's going well, but slowly, and needs a great deal of concentration... which is somewhat hard when the builders are in the house. I'm trying my best, however.

Elsewhere, this week, a FREE copy of The People’s Friend magazine was given away with Saturday’s Daily Mirror and Daily Express. The magazine has loads of feel-good fiction, fascinating features and contained a smashing episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside too!  All details here.


Spark FM is the award-winning radio station produced and run by students at Sunderland University. As a (very) mature student alumni of Sunderland University, I was invited onto the show on Saturday 18 September to give some advice to freshers. In a nutshell, I said to enjoy every minute and make the most of every opportunity that comes your way. You can listen to my interview on Spark's website https://www.sparksunderland.com/listenagain/ where I should be on the first page of listen again. It may show up as 'Spark Daytime' 12pm. You can skim through the hour or listen to the whole thing - my interview is about halfway through.


I'm LOVING my half-page ad and details of my talk for this year's Houghton Feast.  All are welcome to my online zoom talk about my new saga THE MINER'S LASS on Oct 13 as part of Houghton Feast - all details at http://www.houghtonfeast.co.uk/ - Details of all my upcoming talks are here.


A reminder that the competition to win your name as a character in my cosy crime Curtain Call at the Seaview Hotel ends on September 30.  Enter the competition here.


And a reminder that the competition to win a signed copy of Belle of the Back Streets, with chocolate and bookmarks, ends on September 28th 2021 at 12 noon.  Enter the competition here.


Thank heavens for some light relief this week in the shape of Strictly Come Dancing. I love the show and am reading Shirley Ballas' book. 


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!

__

Glenda Young


Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...