Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Wednesday, March 10, 2021

My thanks to North East Business and Innovation Centre @northeastbic


The website for the North East Business and Innovation Centre (NEBIC) says that it "provides office space and tailored business support services for businesses of all shapes and sizes." 

What it doesn't tell you is that it has some of the most supportive and helpful people working there that you could ever wish to meet.  

I first visited the NEBIC on a free, social media training course where I was learning how to use Twitter for business purposes. The receptionist recognised me, we'd worked together many years ago and I told her how useful I'd found the Twitter course. She recommended I speak to a member of staff at NEBIC as they'd be able to help me because I am self-employed. 

"But I'm a writer!" I cried. 
"It doesn't matter!" she replied.

And so an appointment was made for me to meet with one of their advisors, a lady called Louise Hardy, who I am proud now to call my friend. Louise guided me through lots of publicity and public relations minefields, and from the very first moment I met her, has been a staunch supporter of all I do. She's become a big fan of my books too, but that's by the by and I digress!  

NEBIC is a wonderful resource for all self-employed people as well as other businesses of all shapes and sizes, just like their website says. They will guide you through tax, admin, social media, and every aspect of your working life when you're working for yourself.

Why am I telling you all of this? 

Because they've very kindly posted some news on their website about me. 


__

Glenda Young
Author of Sagas & Cosy Crime novels, published by Headline


Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...