Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, March 19, 2021

Book launch, supermarkets and a few tears - my writing week


This was the week when the official launch of my new novel The Paper Mill Girl took place. It was hosted by The Word (national centre for the written word) at South Shields and took the form of an 'Audience with...' style Q&A which was wonderful. 

I was very nervous but it seemed to go well. If you came, thank you!  I didn't have my glasses on and couldn't see many of the names on my screen. I wasn't ignoring you, honest.


This week I set up a mailing list for readers to receive updates on my books and details of books launches, competitions and giveaways. You can sign up here if you'd like to.



The Paper Mill Girl  was reviewed by Karen Byrom at Karen's Book Blog website. Karen had already reviewed the book for The People's Friend magazine last week - you can read that review here

Karen this week said that she enjoyed the book so much she reviewed it twice. Quite an accolade! Read her review here.

The Paper Mill Girl  also found her way into Inside Soap magazine this week where she starred in this week's Hotlist. Thank you, Inside Soap!


And she went on sale in supermarkets Asda and Morrisons. You can even add her to your Asda basket if you do your shopping online - click here!  The book will also go on sale in Tesco on April 1st.


Elsewhere this week, I received this message from the son of a woman who is enjoying my books, and it made me cry. It's messages like these that make everything, every word, all worthwhile. Thank you.

I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of bloggers. 


See you next week!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...