Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, March 05, 2021

Radio, news, media - my writing week


It's been another busy, amazing week.  Despite taking the whole month of March "off" writing, I've been busier than ever this week, finally catching up on a lot of admin while taking a breather between writing books. And after admin each morning, I've been able to catch up on the luxury of reading other people's books. And breathe, two, three, four... 


My week began on a high note when I had a story accepted for publication in The People's Friend magazine. It's a story I wrote last year during lockdown, a really fun story, very unusual to anything that the magazine, or any women's magazine, has ever printed before. Intriguing, eh? You'll have to wait and see and I'll be sure to let you know when it's published.

I was overjoyed that my new novel The Paper Mill Girl was featured as one of the top five picks for March by The Reading House.  Read more on that here.


I was also given a lovely mention in the New Writing North newsletter. You can read more on that here.

The Sunderland Echo ran a piece on my new novel The Paper Mill Girl and ran a competition to win 5 copies of the book. More on that here.

I was interviewed on the radio by Sue Sweeney for Durham On Air. It was a pleasure to chat to Sue, who I feel like I've known my whole life, even though I've never met her. My mam was a huge fan of Sue's and growing up it felt as if Sue was an extended member of our family, she was always on the radio and always a part of our home. You can listen to my interview here. 


It was World Book Day this week and I was involved in a lot of online promotion... 


I recorded a short video for Gateshead Libraries all about The Paper Mill Girl  and you can watch it here.


...and I was interviewed about my books on the radio at Sun FM by DJ Simon Grundy.  The radio station also ran a competition to win two signed copies of The Paper Mill Girl

I was also interviewed on BBC Sunderland by DJ Tamsin Robson and you can listen to my interview here.


And I was interviewed on BBC Newcastle by DJ Anna Foster. You can listen to my interview next week and I'll post the link in due course.


I was very proud to be included in a list of 10 Sunderland authors to celebrate on World Book Day, which The Sunderland Echo printed here.


The Paper Mill Girl was also featured as one of this month's releases in Mslexia magazine (the magazine for women who write). Not only was the book featured, but the book launch was included as one of the events for March too. And if you'd like to come to the book launch, please do! It's online by Zoom, it's free and it's hosted by The Word: The national centre for the written word.  All details here.


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


And finally, I wrote another Coronation Street weekly update and sent it to my emailing list of thousands of Corrie fans around the world. I've been running this list since 1995 and if you'd like to sign up to receive these weekly updates, all details are here.


See you next week.
__

Glenda Young
Author of historical novels with Headline
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...