Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Sunday, October 14, 2018

Praise from The People's Friend


With thanks to writer Shona Patridge for sending this to me. It's a letter from a reader of The People's Friend which appears on their readers' letters page in the magazine to be published on Wednesday 17 October 2018.  (Shona receives the magazine on subscription, and that's why she saw it earlier than many people would).

The letter is from a lady who enjoyed a short story of mine published a few weeks ago in The People's Friend.

I am no good at humble bragging. I'm still learning my way to accept praise. So excuse me if this sounds rough and a big ragged but I really am over the moon with Mrs Kenilworth's words.

I sit here at my desk and I write things that pop up in my head and then I send them off to magazines, or my editor at Headline and I hope, I really hope that I've got it right, that they like what I've written. I hope that they think my words have merit and that someone, somewhere might enjoy what comes out of my head and onto the page. 

To receive feedback like this is a joy.



Find out more about me and my books at: Glenda Young Books

I'm on Twitter @flaming_nora and Instagram @flaming_nora

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...