Books by Glenda Young

Thursday, November 30, 2006

It’s Nice to Be Nice

A crisp autumn day walking around old and interesting bits of central London as I delivered some important paperwork for work. Kicking through the fallen leaves in my favourite London park* on the way back to the office after walking through historic, twisted streets. And then back in the office, I’m given a Terry’s chocolate orange from a colleague as a thankyou.
* I took this picture walking to work one morning last week.

4 comments:

Old Cheeser said...

Yes Autumn days can be rather nice - the crispness of the air and all those different colours of leaves. Looks like a nice park near where you work - may I ask where it is, Nora?

Flaming Nora said...

It's in the Bloomsbury area of London, one of the most beautiful parts of the big city with a lot of parks and incredible architecture. I feel very fortunate to work there and it's only a short tube ride to work every day too. Some days, when the tubes work well, I can get home in time to watch the second half of Paul O'Grady!

Old Cheeser said...

Aah yes, I know it well and not very far from where I work in fact! (Near Farringdon/Holborn). We're almost neighbours! Russell Square is a pleasant park.

Lucky you having a short tube ride - the LU leaves a lot to be desired I feel!!

I once saw Paul O'Grady as Lily Savage in Prisoner Cell Block H: The Musical. And rather good he was too, upstaging everyone and even reducing a nasty prison warder to laughter. Just thought I'd thrown that one in!

Old Cheeser said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog