Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, March 08, 2024

Award nomination, radio, research & rescue dogs - my writing week


This week included World Book Day and I was interviewed on BBC York about my cosy crime series set in Scarborough.  You can listen to my interview here and my bit begins at 3.12:24

Also on World Book Day I called into Sunderland Waterstones where my new book The Toffee Factory Girls was on sale! Hand-modelled by the lovely Waterstones' bookseller and it's signed too.


And The Toffee Factory Girls takes pride of place in my publisher Headline's choices for Mother's Day. What an honour.


My Scarborough cosy crime Foul Play at the Seaview Hotel has been nominated for an award by my publisher in The Last Laugh category for Best Humorous Crime Novel in this year's prestigious Crimefest Awards! 


I was also researching my next Scarborough cosy crime for with my 'must have' writing books before plotting my chapters next week! 


While researching my next cosy crime, which stars rescue greyhound Suki,  I went for a walk with rescue greyhounds Carla and Rudy and their owner Angie.


I was over the moon to be invited once again to give the opening speech and official welcome at this year's Sunderland History Fair. Saturday May 18 at Bede Tower, Burdon Road. All welcome. It's a fantastic day.   It was given coverage in The Sunderland Echo


This week my author newsletter for March was sent out to all of my subscribers and you can read it online here.

I visited Gateshead Library for the first time and absolutely loved it there. Stayed to have a coffee in the glorious cafe and saw an exhibition, which I really enjoyed. What a great place. Also spotted my books on the shelves, chatted to the librarian and picked up a brochure of upcoming talks!

Because of appearing in the brochure, I was invited to give a talk this week to a group of 50 people at a private event, which was fantastic. I really enjoyed it and have received some great feedback.




I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.

I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 

__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...