Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, May 28, 2021

Head down, no distractions - my writing week


This has been an unusual week because I've been able to write without hardly any distractions. 

There was no publicity to do, no talks to give, no launches to attend, no book signings to handle, nothing, nada, zilch. 

What this means is that my head has been clear to write and I'm making wonderful progress writing the first draft of my second cosy crime novel set in Scarborough, it's called Set for Murder at the Seaview Hotel.  The final cover will be revealed soon.

This one's about a group of actors who are staying at the Seaview Hotel to rehearse a play and the leading lady is killed off. But who killed her and why? B&B landlady Helen Dexter and her rescue greyhound Suki are on the case to solve the crime.


This week I'd like to say thank you to everyone for all the love and amazing 5-star reviews of THE MINER'S LASS out now in ebook,  hardback and audiobook. The paperback is out in October and you can pre-order now) at http://bit.ly/TheMinersLass 


I'm also looking for someone who knows how to use BookBub professionally and successfully. Is that you?  Any BookBub experts willing to work with me to promote my novels? Please get in touch via my website if you have a proven track record in using BookBub. Looking forward to hearing from you soon > contact me here.


And as for reading other people's books, rather than writing my own, this week I'm enjoying Scabby Queen by Kirstin Innes. You might be wondering when I get time to read as I'm writing a novel. I like to read at the end of the day, taking myself to bed early and reading for an hour or so. I love seeing how other writers put their story together, use dialogue and get the reader hooked. 


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!

__

Glenda Young
Author of Sagas & Cosy Crime novels, published by Headline



Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...