Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, May 07, 2021

Falmouth University, BBC Newcastle, 99p and Romance - my writing week


This week my publisher Headline are offering my saga novel (set in 1919 between the northeast and Scarborough in Yorkshire) The Girl with the Scarlet Ribbon at a special 99p promo for the ebook.  It's a bargain! Download it here.


Would you like to join a very friendly, online book group who are reading my novels? Email: rokerlifeproject@gmail.com and all details are below (click on the picture to make it bigger and easier to read).


Here is another incredible design inspired by my novel The Paper Mill Girl. This design, still a work in progress, is being created by Allison Hicks who is a member of the United Together Book Club Sewing Group.   Deborah Doyle from the group was interviewed on BBC Newcastle this week about the sewing group.


I feel very honoured that the sewing group are not only reading my novels but are creating such wonderful designs too. It's extremely moving for me to see these designs coming to life.

Here's another design too which I posted last week.

I was profiled this week in an interview for Falmouth University's English & Creative Writing. 



I was very happy to be included in the list of new releases coming in May 2021 by the Romantic Novelists' Association. My northeast gritty saga The Miner's Lass comes out in hardback, ebook and audiobook on May 11th 2021. The full list is here and if you're looking for me, I'm right at the end as the list is ordered alphabetically and my surname begins with the letter Y. Ever since schooldays I've been on the end of A-Z lists!


And with the launch of my next saga The Miner's Lass just days away, I've been doing some promotion online. I wrote about my top 5 favourite locations in the book and you can read that here.

Plus I also created a very short video of me talking about the book, which you can watch below.



I donated a full set of my five novels in paperback to my local Whitburn Community Library.


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!

__

Glenda Young
Author of Sagas & Cosy Crime novels, published by Headline



Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...