Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Saturday, September 30, 2006

What I Did On My Holidays


Just back from holidays in the sun - this here is one of the many pictures I took. The holiday books I read while lazing by the pool, on the beach and standed at a train station in the back of beyond after being (almost) chased by bulls through a field, dodging traffic on a motorway and getting heat-stroke were as follows. In the order I read them, they were: Piers Morgan - The Insider (tabloid tittle-tattle, great fun); Paul Carter - Don't Tell Mum I Work On The Rigs, She Thinks I'm a Piano Player in a Whore House (derring-do adventures of a bloke who worked on the oil rigs); Jancee Dunn -But Enough About me (ex-Rolling Stone magazine journo and MTV veejay memoirs); Patrick Hamilton - Twenty Thousand Streets Under the Sky (this was really three books in one, saw it first on BBC3 and loved it to bits, the book of course was even better than the telly adaptation); Nicholas Evans - The Divide (I live in hope he'll write something as good as his first novel, The Horse Whisperer. So far, he hasn't); J K Rowling - Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince (still reading in progress, so far it feels a bit samey-same as the others).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...