Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, January 14, 2022

Oh, I do like to write beside the seaside - my writing week in Scarborough


This week I've been writing in the seaside town of Scarborough, where my cosy crime series is set.  I'm on a 'writing retreat' where I'm dedicating myself to writing each day, in an apartment by the sea. Sounds idyllic... and it is. It's also very hard work. While in Scarborough, I gave a talk to Scarborough Writers Circle and to Scarborough Library.  I was even featured in The Scarborough News and here I am having my photo taken on the south bay beach.


Here I am again, on a freezing cold day, in Scarborough Library, where my talk was being advertised with a poster on the wall.  Masks are great indoors for keeping your nose warm.


And here I am in the Scarborough branch of Waterstones where I was overwhelmed to discover they've set up a special table for my cosy crime Murder at the Seaview Hotel.  It's one of their best-sellers!


I was also invited to give a talk to Scarborough Writers' Circle who meet at Scalby Library.  I've met some of those in the group before when I gave a talk after my first saga novel l was published. Now I'm writing my eighth saga and have written two cosy crimes, so there was a lot of catching up to do.  It was a wonderful night, the group are very friendly and I had a good time. The writers' group have even written about my visit and my talk and if you'd like to, you can read about it here.


Thanks to Writing Magazine for featuring my life in writing and my novels published by Headline in this month's magazine. I'm featured in the subscribers' news in an article they've titled "Right up our Street." 


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!
__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...